Migrating from Version 3 to Version 4
Step 1 - Create a new Church Online Platform account
- Go to your version 3 account and log in. Verify you have administration access. (You will need admin access to claim your slug) Once you are logged into version 3 and have admin access, proceed to the next step.
- Go to https://online.church/signup and fill out the sign up form
- Make sure your timezone settings are correct.
- Use your subdomain from v3 (e.g. if it was freedom.churchonline.org on v3, you can claim it on v4 and it would be freedom.online.church).
Step 2 - Set Up Your Online Campus
- Once you're in the admin, click on 'Setup' from the navigation menu.
- Appearance tab
- Customize the Appearance settings of your new online campus.
- Add resources for attenders to engage with via Navigation Links.
- Offline tab
- Add an Offline Video for people to see if they come to your site between Services.
- Add the email address(es) of people you want to receive Prayer Requests when there are no hosts present to pray with someone.
- Church Info tab
- Adjust the settings you created when you signed up (address, website, timezone, etc.)
Step 3 - Migrate Your Users
- Head to the 'Users' section from the navigation menu
- Click "Import Legacy Users" and follow the steps to get all of your v3 accounts migrated. You can also Add Users manually. NOTE: Once you import users - all users login information will be transferred over (unless they created the account with a Facebook login, that information will NOT be transferred over)
- Note: this is where you will manage roles, unmute muted attenders, and manage passwords and other profile settings for your users.
Step 4 - Add Services and Content
- Head the Services section from the navigation menu.
- Add as many service times as you want, set the frequency and recurrence pattern.
- Add Content to your Services by tapping 'Add Content' - fill out the Content form.
- If you're using the Live Stream option, set your width and height to "100%" in your embed code.
- If you're using the Vimeo or YouTube simulated-live options, make sure the video is set to public in Vimeo or YouTube.
Step 5 - Run Services
- Your Services will run at the date/time you set them to when you created them.
- Log out or open an incognito window and go to your new church online URL to experience what an attender will see when they go to online campus during a Service.
- Log back in through the hamburger menu in the top left to access the Host Tools.
- In the Host Tools, hosts can post a Salvation Moment if/when the speaker makes an invitation/altar call. This will allow attenders to express the decision for Christ in the Service.
- This is also where hosts can engage with attenders in public and private chats, as well as with other hosts in the Host Chat.
Step 6 - Measure your impact
- Head back to the admin after your first Service ends and click on the 'Analytics' section from the navigation menu to view analytics for the Service.
Step 7 - Direct to Version 4
- Once you are ready to run services on Version 4, you can redirect attenders via a custom domain or utilizing the shut down feature.
- Custom Domain: If you are using a custom domain in Version 3, you can change you DNS settings to direct it to your Version 4 site. Here is how: https://support.online.church/article/b2gv454rgg-custom-domain
- If you are using the provide domain (example.churchonline.org) you can utilize the shutdown feature, which will redirect attenders from your version 3 URL to your version 4 URL. Note: Once you turn on the shutdown feature, you will not be able to get back into your version 3 account. Make sure to gather any information you may need. Here is how to do that: https://support.churchonlineplatform.com/article/7k5rnvkr07-utilizing-the-shutdown-feature