Migrating from Version 3 to Version 4
Step 1 - Create a new Church Online Platform account
- Go to https://online.church/signup and fill out the sign up form.
- Make sure your timezone settings are correct.
- Use your subdomain from v3 (e.g. if it was freedom.churchonline.org on v3, you can claim it on v4 and it would be freedom.online.church).
Step 2 - Set Up Your Online Campus
- Once you're in the admin, click on 'Setup' from the navigation menu.
- Appearance tab
- Customize the Appearance settings of your new online campus.
- Add resources for attenders to engage with via Navigation Links.
- Offline tab
- Add an Offline Video for people to see if they come to your site between Services.
- Add the email address(es) of people you want to receive Prayer Requests when there are no hosts present to pray with someone.
- Church Info tab
- Adjust the settings you created when you signed up (address, website, timezone, etc.)
Step 3 - Migrate Your Users
- Head to the 'Users' section from the navigation menu
- Click "Import Legacy Users" and follow the steps to get all of your v3 accounts migrated. You can also Add Users manually. NOTE: Once you import users - all users will be emailed to set up their accounts.
- Note: this is where you will manage roles, unmute muted attenders, and manage passwords and other profile settings for your users.
Step 4 - Add Services and Content
- Head the Services section from the navigation menu.
- Add as many service times as you want, set the frequency and recurrence pattern.
- Add Content to your Services by tapping 'Add Content' - fill out the Content form.
- If you're using the Live Stream option, set your width and height to "100%" in your embed code.
- If you're using the Vimeo or YouTube simulated-live options, make sure the video is set to public in Vimeo or YouTube.
Step 5 - Run Services
- Your Services will run at the date/time you set them to when you created them.
- Log out or open an incognito window and go to your new church online URL to experience what an attender will see when they go to online campus during a Service.
- Log back in through the hamburger menu in the top left to access the Host Tools.
- In the Host Tools, hosts can post a Salvation Moment if/when the speaker makes an invitation/altar call. This will allow attenders to express the decision for Christ in the Service.
- This is also where hosts can engage with attenders in public and private chats, as well as with other hosts in the Host Chat.
Step 6 - Measure your impact
- Head back to the admin after your first Service ends and click on the 'Analytics' section from the navigation menu to view analytics for the Service.
- Redirecting a custom domain
- If you are using a custom domain from v3, we recommend using a tool like https://www.easyredir.com/ to redirect your v3 URL to your new URL.
- Note: This will not apply if you have not set up a custom domain in the v3 platform.